Shrimp and Grits Dressing
As edited from our friends at myrecipes.com
- 1 pound peeled, medium-size raw shrimp (5 1/60 count)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon A Cajun Life All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup uncooked regular grits
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°. Devein shrimp, if desired.
- Bring broth and next 2 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in grits, and return to a boil; reduce heat to low, and stir in butter.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir together eggs and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot grits mixture into egg mixture;
- add egg mixture to remaining hot grits mixture, stirring constantly.
- Stir in shrimp until blended.
- Pour grits mixture into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 325º for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until mixture is set.
- Let stand 10 minutes.